Devicelist Freezes

Use this forum to ask other users how to do things in hbTAPI. If you have a problem and don't know if it's a bug or not, just post it here to find out.
leo03

Devicelist Freezes

Post by leo03 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi,

On a few machines we have sometimes freezes when accessing the Devicelist.
...In your sample the moment when Combobox1.Items.Assign(TapiLine1.DeviceList)

The problem is that the whole application freeze without any response for a very long time.
So is there any method to ship around the freeze? (eg with a thread or smth else)

best regards

Support
Site Admin

Re: Devicelist Freezes

Post by Support » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Hello,

hbTapi gets the names (and other data) from the TSPs. It seems, that there is a timeout by some TSPs.

Can you check the behavior using other TAPI applications.

There is no way call the method "async".

Stefan

leo03

Post by leo03 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:02 pm

hi, thank you for answer

I had to wait some time until the error occures by one of our customers.
I mentioned the following
- The hanging is also in other win tapi application like the windows dialer.exe, or the softphone.exe
- I must correct that there is no timeout for the freeze. You have to kill the tapi application.
- and with some luck it works next time

As you said it seems also to me that this is a hardware or driver thing.
But for our customers the really bad fact is that our aplication is freezed to death as soon the hbTAPI inits.
So for me the hbTAPI component need some turnaround for such a situation that there is no responce from the tapi driver.

Are there any methods or ideas to handle around such a freezing problem?

thank you for any help
best regards

Support
Site Admin

Post by Support » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Hello,

the application freezes because the TAPI function which is call hangs. I dont't know which function causes the problem. But I think, it's the "lineInitializeEx" funktion. This one is called during the initialization process when hbTapi "connects" with TAPI. It is automatically called when the application accesses the device list and the hbTapiApplication is not initialized yet.

What you could try, is to call the initialization first by calling the method "hbTapiApplication.Initialize".

Becaus this could "hang", it should be called from a separate thread, which can be killed after a timeout.

Stefan

leo03

Post by leo03 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:35 pm

Thank you

Calling the hbTapiApplication.Initialize also hangs. So yes firing this at startup in a thread waiting a defined time and then continue loading the Application without TAPI sounds acceptable. But sadly I am not very familar with threads. So please can you help me with a sample?

best regards

Baxter

Post by Baxter » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:47 am

Hello,

i'm facing the same problem. Is there any solution available meanwhile?

kind regards
Rebecca